You are thinking about your next home but the prospect of selling your house can often seem an overwhelming prospect and something that you cannot assure yourself will happen quickly. With the correct information, you can prepare and be in a good position to see your house fast. Open House Leicester can guide you and show you how.
We appreciate at Open House Leicester that often you think of selling and then go straight into the process but before you go headlong into it spend some time researching the housing market in your area. You will obviously increase your chances of selling your property quickly if you add it to the market when buyer demand is high. Think about the changes in demand at different times of year too and ensure you give yourself every opportunity to sell your home fast. If it is not the right time to sell and you have time on your hands you can always use this time to fix those little niggly things in your home that never get resolved.
– The housing market in Spring tends to be busy with potential buyers
– Improving weather, light and possible sunshine will help mood and the look of your home
– Spring blooms in the garden
– People with children like to coincide a new home with the end of the academic year
– School holidays can cause a delay with buyers with families
– Try to get your home on the market as early as possible if you have to do it through the summer
– Usually a relatively good time to sell
– The weather is still good and there are no major holidays to impinge on the transactions
– Buyers and sellers don’t want to be in limbo over Christmas so try to get your home on the market as early as possible to avoid being in progress through this festive period.
– This is considered to be a tougher time to sell
– Potentially people may start looking once into the New Year and due to light and weather it is a good idea to try to make the most of any features that a winter friendly – wood burning stove, welcoming lighting, homely smells may help.
– It is also always worth checking what is happening locally as well as nationally. Speak to your Local Authority to see if there are any developments in the planning in the areas. Look for plans that may boost the attractiveness of the area, boost house prices in the longer term or improve local amenities such as transport or schools. However, try to avoid selling your home during construction of these projects.
Why Choose Us
At Open House Estate Agents in Leicester we aim to take the stress out of selling your house in the Leicester area, get you a good price, and ensure that your property is sold as quickly as possible.
Talk to us if you are putting your property onto the market for the first time or if you are struggling to sell it through another estate agent – we have been known to take properties that have been on the market for over a year with a high street estate agent and sell them within just three weeks.
Leicester’s great value estate agent
If you are looking for an alternative to high street agents that charge high fees for a basic service but don’t want the impersonal service that comes with a purely online agent, then look no further.
Our bespoke service gets impressive results whilst saving you £1,000s. You’ll get a free property appraisal and marketing advice, all aimed at achieving a good price for your property without unnecessary delays.
Local expertise with a national presence
Your dedicated Personal Agent has great local knowledge of the Leicester housing market and is able to attract nationwide interest of serious home buyers searching in the area.
24/7 sales effort
With 93% of home buyers going online to search, you can be confident that the right buyer can find your home as we advertise it on major property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla, Find A Property, and Prime Location.
We complement this with a 24/7 buyer helpline to ensure that you never miss an enquiry.
Full range of services to help sell your house
Selling a property is a challenging task but we can help you with mortgages, EPCs, conveyancing, floorplans, etc.