Letting your Leicester property can be a nerve-racking experience as you can never be too sure of exactly who you will be letting your property to. A dream situation would be to find the perfect long term tenant who pays their rent on time and keeps your property in immaculate condition, but these tenants can be difficult to find.
Something that can often be overlooked when letting your property is the benefit of a letting agent. A letting agent helps you to find the ideal tenant for your property, take care of the overall management of the let and ensures you of regular income.
What will a Leicester letting agent do?
Landlords are often concerned about the quality of their tenants – an undesirable tenant can be more trouble than they are worth. At Open House Leicester our letting agents carry out thorough checks to ensure that any tenant we find for you is of good standing.
The services a letting agent provides can vary or be tailored to your specific needs but generally there services include:
- preparing the property for rent
- marketing and advertising
- carrying out safety and other property inspections
- vetting tenants
- drawing up the lease and inventory
- managing the deposit
- collecting rent and chasing rental arrears
- organising maintenance
Do I need a letting agent?
You can let your property privately without the use of a letting agent, but using one has quite a lot of advantages. A Leicester letting agent will market the property for you, organise viewings, get references from your tenants and draw up a bespoke tenancy agreement for you. Depending on the level of service you choose, they will also manage the property and take care of any maintenance issues, dealing directly with the tenant on your behalf.
At Open House Leicester we often find that people think that renting out their property is easy and provides an instant income, but without the correct support and structure in place this simply doesn’t happen. One of the key reasons people in Leicester use a letting agent is to minimise the amount of time they have to invest in a property and reduce stress.
7 Advantages of using a letting agent
- Stringent vetting and referencing procedures mean you’re more likely to attract reliable tenants
- Letting agents can handle all of the paperwork in relation to your property
- Rent can be collected and chased up on your behalf
- Letting agents can deal with all the day-to-day property management and maintenance issues
- Leicester letting agents will probably be able to achieve a higher rent than you would
- Letting agents are up-to-date on current legislation affecting landlords
- Employing an agent should reduce your workload (and possibly stress and anxiety)
If you’re looking for a lettings agent in Leicester with many years of experience in marketing properties with a record of lettinng houses swiftly? Get in touch with Open House Leicester today using either 0116 243 7938 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll discuss how we can help let your Leicester property fast.